Citizens for American Values in Public Education/Stop the Madrassa Community Coalition announce that a coalition of organizations are launching a powerful and multi-faceted initiative to push back hard against attempts by radical Islamist groups to silence American citizens through boycotts, name-calling, threats of lawsuits, defamatory accusations and other forms of intimidation.
Citizens for American Values president Stuart Kaufman stated: “We ourselves have been defamed and slandered as a result of our efforts to raise awareness about the Khalil Gibran International Academy (KGIA). Because of the depredations of CAIR and CAIR’s relationship with KGIA, Citizens for American Values/Stop the Madrassa has expanded its fight to a nationwide campaign against imposition of Islamist agendas in curricula, language programs, history classes, textbooks, teacher training, and charter schools.”
A coalition of organizations will be taking the following strong actions:
- Former KGIA Principal-designate Dhabbah “Debbie” Almontaser has falsely accused Stop the Madrassa supporters of having engaged in “stalking” her, which, if true, would be a criminal offense in New York state. These defamatory accusations by Ms. Almontaser have been published by several news outlets, including The New York Times. We are demanding that Almontaser, who is supported by CAIR, publicly rescind her defamatory statements against the Stop the Madrassa coalition.
- As CAIR has organized a boycott by advertisers of the Michael Savage radio show for alleged “Islamophobia,” we launched the SUPPORT FREEDOM, NOT ISLAMO-FASCISM campaign. Please see an important update at the end of this release * regarding this campaign. Whether one agrees or disagrees with the political views or personality of Mr. Savage, it is imperative that his rights as an American to speak his mind — to criticize radical Islamism and jihadism — be protected.
- We are calling on all Americans to give our side a fair hearing regarding the facts about CAIR. Discover the Networks points out that Steven Pomerantz, the FBI’s former chief of counter-terrorism, has stated that “CAIR, its leaders and its activities effectively give aid to international terrorist groups.” On September 17, 2003, U.S. Senator Charles Schumer stated that CAIR co-founders Nihad Awad and Omar Ahmed have “intimate links with Hamas..” He later remarked that “we know [CAIR] has ties to terrorism.” [www.discoverthenetworks.org]
- We are reaching out in solidarity to others who have been defamed, threatened by legal action, falsely accused or otherwise targeted for exposing the dangers of Islamo-fascism and jihadism.
- We are further expanding our Stop the Madrassa community coalition network throughout the country. Your volunteer help is needed now no matter where you are located. Please write to us at email@example.com to volunteer.
Because CAIR cannot be trusted to provide the public with an accurate list of companies that are boycotting the Michael Savage radio program as a direct result of CAIR’s campaign, we have requested a list from Mr. Savage. Until we receive such a list, and because CAIR cannot be trusted, we do not feel comfortable yet in calling for a boycott of those companies. We await a definitive list of companies from , and will keep you informed about future developments on this issue.
Citizens for American Values in Public Education/Stop the Madrassa